Saturday, October 16, 2010

Going without Shampoo

Soooo it's been about...12 days (?) that i've gone without shampoo!
And my hair is getting this weird texture...not quite greasy, oily i guess but kind of stiff?

Anyways, I started out washing every day to every other day with baking soda and apple cider vinegar (both of them barely diluted) and saw that my hair was getting dry and brittle even with the ACV. So I did a little more research and realized my mistake. So for the last week, I washed with diluted baking soda Sunday and Wednesday and then rinse with ACV. My hair is now getting that stiff, oily feeling I  was talking about, with the crown of my head looking greasy so I've been putting it up everyday.

So far, the transitional phase is still going strong. I just hope that in a month or two, keeping your hair shampoo-free is really as great as everyone says...but hey, life is for learning and for experimenting, right? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment