Monday, May 24, 2010

On loving being in love

Have you ever heard people say "Oh, I just love being in love"? Does it bother you as much as it does me? It just seems like when someone says that, they are demeaning the person they are, have been, or ever will be with. As if he/she isn't the object of their affections, but the feelings they create are. Not the liking being in love is wrong, but why not say "I love loving and being loved by so-and-so" instead? It just leaves a lot to be explained I guess; am I the only one that thinks this? I've just never heard anyone mention the things I am thinking about this right now...am I being a cynical pessimist?

1 comment:

  1. no, I've also had the same thoughts.
    I also don't like the terminology of 'falling in love', because it implies you have no control over it, and since when has falling had good connotation? haha, but yeah- I totally get what you're saying

    ReplyDelete