Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tattoos

How do you feel about tattoos?

I enjoy them. I think they are beautiful. They are little arts all over your body. Or big arts all over your body.

But there are obviously many opinions out there about them. I've heard someone say they didn't want to get a tattoo because they were worried it was the sign of the devil.

I've tried to reason my way into that one, but I can't make that one make sense in my head.

Anyways. I have some tattoos in mind.

















This one I want right above my elbow. Three is a great number. There is a lot of symbolism in that number and I like the fact that since they are rings that go around your arm, they never end- infinity.



















The one I want is similar to this, but different. It still has the concept of things going over both wrists, but on the left there will be a tree or branch, and there will be motion- like wind- blowing leaves onto the next wrist. But by the time the leaves reach the end of the second wrist, they will have turned into butterflies and will be beginning to take flight.


Last but not least, I can't find a picture that's similar to this:
An equilateral triangle, flat side down (pointing up) kind of on the top of my back, between the shoulders, not quite touching the neck. Outlines in black, very thin lines, not filled in. About 2 cm on each side. Again, the three motif. In a geometric form.

*pictures are from here*
**also, if you know why the pictures are so large, even though i selected small when downloading the url, i'd love you forever if you told me**

No comments:

Post a Comment